FIORE, Adalberto (Via San Vito, 321, Tito, 85050, IT)
1) Mobile field hospital through the combination of modular units, each of them are constituted by a parallelepiped container with the same dimensions of the semi-trailer in which it is fixed or integrated; between the support axis it is supplied of generation and distribution system, because this modules are placed in succession in a flanked and parallel way, and they are joined each other through two alleys with different dimensions realized with the walls of each containers, these walls are predisposed on the inside, sliding towards outside, and with hinged parts of the anterior and rear side walls of each container integrated to the semitrailer, they are mobile both manually and through electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic devices.
2) Field hospital as claim 1 ) characterized by a principal alley employable for the stretchers, visitors and staff movements, it is realized wider, with dimensions: cm.250 width, cm.280 height, while the other alley (14), employable for the sanitary materials and medical staff movements is realized narrower with dimensions: cm.150 width, and cm.260 height.
3) Field hospital as claims n.1 ) and 2), characterized by each alleys (13) (14) is realized with the association of two flanked and parallel trailers and through the composition of wall's parts, sharp connected with a mechanical coupling system, in particular with the composition of: a) mobile portions (7) of the side walls hinged to the upper part of container, rounded of 90° towards high around own axis, with the function of alley's roof. b) mobile portions of the side walls hinged to the base of the container, rounded of 90° turndown, around own hinged axis with the function of alley's floor.
c) Panels (10), with the function of alley's lateral walls, predisposed on the inside of the container that slide towards outside, on the rails placed on floor and ceiling also of the also of the mobile hinged walls. (7) and (9).
4) Field hospital as a claims 1 ) and 3), characterized by each panel (10) when it is translated towards outside, it frees also a light of a container entrance door and on the inside of the equipped room; the external entrance light (11 ) is closed and opened through an anti-panic door of an approach stairs (12), the inside light is equipped with an automatic, sliding door.
5) Field hospital as claims (1 ) and (2), characterized by the doors equipped with an approach stairs (12) to the alleys are placed on the two ends of each modular unit.
6) Field hospital as claim (1 ), characterized by the semitrailer in the lower part of his arbors (3), in the spaces between axis (4) and supports (5) has at least a generation system and electrical, water, pneumatic system, treatment and air conditioning system, black and white tanks etc.
7) Field hospital as claims (1), (2), (3), characterized by it's possible predispose on two opposite ranges, the succession of modular units placed near each other, with the extremity where the principal alley insists , in the way that, through an other container (18), placed in the hand of two ranges, and with his ends in correspondence of the alleys (13), it's possible to create the connection to the two principal alleys (13) of the two operative modules' ranges, with the extension of panels (7bis), (9bis) and (10bis).
8) Field hospital as one or more previous claims, characterized by the width differences that derive from the position of the counter lateral semi-trailer are
resolve with mechanism at sliding ramp, contained on the inside of the walls' thickness and covered with sheets to obtain a stable area without solution of continuity.
9) Field hospital as claim n.1), characterized by portions of side walls of the container, placed between two alleys, are mobile, employable to increase the surfaces in the central part of the container through electro- hydraulic mechanisms, or mechanisms that allow the slide towards outside of 100 cm approx. from both sides, when the vehicle is catch.
10) Field hospital characterized in that the formation of the front and rear alley is created through the utilization of prefabricated tunnel's parts (20), placed on the inside of each container fixed on the semi-trailer, and sliding towards outside, with the aid of gears and rack electronically commanded; in this case, each container is supplied with shutters (21 ) that, sliding towards the high and packing themselves in an interstice of the ceiling, they free the lights through which, the prefabricated tunnels (20) can slide towards the outside until to adhere at the counterside container.
11) Field hospital as claim n.10), characterized in that each tunnel parts is equipped with floor, top and side walls and also with a sucking-disk device placed on the end of the tunnel to adhere exactly on the contour (23) of the opening about the light and the counterside container, where a mechanical device fixes the tunnel's floor to the counterside container's floor, realizing in this way an unique body.
"Modular system and means to realize mobile field hospitals". Description:
The current invention concerns integrated units on trailers that are sectional units, equippable to realize a modular mobile field hospital. Each modular unit is constituted by a parallelepiped container with the same dimensions of the semitrailer in which it is fixed or integrated; between the support axis it is supplied of generation and distribution system, because this modules are placed in succession in a flanked and parallel way, and they are joined each other through two alleys with different dimensions realized with the walls of each containers, these walls are predisposed on the inside, sliding towards outside, and with hinged parts of the anterior and rear side walls of each container integrated to the semitrailer, they are mobile both manually and through electro-mechanical and electro-hydraulic devices.
At present the field hospitals are transportable and in the best hypothesis they are realized by tents and shelters which, positioned on the ground and joined together by further tents, really constitute the field hospital. The tents are usually used for the patients and the services, even considering their absolute inadequateness as operating theatres and/or of intensive care, for which maximum asepsis is required. The shelters are used to realize the operating theatres, even though they
show a precariousness that cannot be justified by the urgency moment of realization of an hospital. Really, it is needed to take in consideration that normally the mentioned shelters are just containers, built in a parallelepiped form (container like) and then made isothermal and free of noise by suitable materials, with an entrance door on their back side and are unloadable and loadable from the camion that served for their transport, in order to locate them on the most opportune way on the ground. The approach to the operating theatre is straight, without filter zones, or rather it is free of any far-sightedness regarding the sterility maintenance and pollution is deriving from the patient movements, from the personnel and the necessary materials, that move freely from this only entrance.
The lack of these attentions often causes the infection of the patient injuries and makes extremely precarious any type of surgical operation worthy of this name. By this time the described hospital is adopted since lots of years and it is impossible to see any innovation in this field, except in the materials used in the realization of the tents and of the shelters. So it is welcome a new concept of mobile field hospital, designed with the purpose to solve in an efficient and effective way the many problems existing, absolutely unsettled, in the present systems.
The aims of this invention The aim of this invention is to realize, for any emergencies or necessities, in short time, a field Hospital sectional with the use of modular unities each constituted by a parallelepiped container integrated on a semi-trailer and equipped to contain the necessary instruments to realize an operating unit of an hospital for a specific use, for example, an operating room, a diagnostic radiological area and for images, a
patient room, a First Aid, a reception, a laboratory, kitchens, restaurants, electric power, water management, etc...
An other aim, according to the previous, is to realize under each trailer, some operative spaces in which to install one or more service, hydraulic, electric, oil- hydraulic apparatus to create each unit absolutely independent from the centralized systems.
Other aim of this invention according with the previous, is to flank various modular units and to realize fixed connections between them, particularly, the formation of two alleys realized with the use of segments of sidewalis that are mobile and so they are moved fastly, manually , or through electric-pneumatic mechanisms.
Other aim of this invention is the possibility to dispose the hospital structure on a range or on two ranges or on more opposite ranges, thanks to the use of one or more modular unit, with the function of reception and placed in an opportune way in the hand of the structure. An other aim of this invention is the possibility to increase the lateral volume of each modular unit, through the use of integrated segments of sliding wall toward the outside from each side.
An other aim of this invention is to utilize only one modular unit in association with the modular unit that functions as reception and/or filter, in this case, this equipped unit can be ulteriorly extend toward the outside.
An other aim of this invention is to equipped each modular unit with a system of forced, leaked and conditioning air, the tanks to get in black and white water, power supply, additional batteries, and all the electrical, hydraulic gas, telecommunications and other connections, through rapid clutch systems from the
sources necessary for the functionality and the power recharge of alternative apparatus.
Description of the attached drawings and the way in which this invention is realized.
The drawing n.1 shows a modular unit constituted by a parallelepiped container integrated on a semi-trailer.
The drawing n.2 shows the structure of the semi-trailer.
The drawing n.3 shows the relevant structure of the container placed on a semi- trailer.
The drawing n.4 shows only the relevant structure of the container.
The drawing n.5 and 6 shows the modular units with the engine.
The drawing n.7 shows a first phase of the field hospital composition.
The drawing n.8 shows a later phase of the field hospital composition. The drawing n.9 shows the field hospitai completed on two side ranges.
The drawings n. 10 and 11 show schematically the system of overturning of panels to realize the alleys.
The drawing n.12 shows the doors and stairs for the external approach to the alley.
The drawing n.13 shows the ramp to approach the stretchers or chair for handicapped persons.
The drawing n.14 shows an other form of realization of this invention with the widening toward the outside of the utile area in the central part of the container.
The drawing n.15 shows schematically, in an other form of realization of this invention, a container with the widening toward the outside of the utiie area in the central part of the container and prefabricated tunnels in the anterior and rear part. The drawing n.16 shows schematically two side containers connected through the realization of an prefabricated tunnel in the anterior and rear part.
In the current, preferred form of realization of this invention and according to the attached drawings presented only for an illustrative and not limitative aim, the proposed field hospital is constituted by an ensemble of modular units, semitrailers with two or more axis, on which is fixed or integrated a parallelepiped container (1 ), with the same dimensions of the semi-trailer, according to the dimensions allow by the laws that authorize the road circulation. The container has a relevant internal structure, "chassis" constituted by heavy-duty outlines (2) in aluminium, welded between them, able to resist against any forms of mechanical solicitation that happen during the transport or assemblage of various modules.
The semi-trailer, in the inferior part of his arbors (3), in the spaces between axis (4), and the supports (5), has at ieast a generation system or an electric, water, pneumatic system, treatment and air conditioning system and black and white water tanks to be functionally independent from the centralized systems. This modular units, opportunely flanked each other with a distance, are joined between them, both in the anterior and rear part, with adapted alleys realized moving mobile parts of walls, that allows to utilize the central part of the container for specific services.
Each container, in the lateral, anterior and rear part, has rectangular portions hinged at the base or at the top of container, if these wall portions rounded downwards or toward high, they have to act as floor or ceiling to realize a joined alley trough the combination of two or more containers mounted on semi-trailers. On the inside of each container are placed two walls, transversally and orthogonally to the longitudinal axis of the same container, the walls are placed at a distance between them equal to the light created by the hinged panel when it is overturned, and they are destined to slide on rails toward outside. The connection between the different modules to realize the field hospital happens in this ways:
When the engine is removed (6), each modular unit (trailer) is placed in succession, flanked and parallel each other; manually, or better through mechanisms with an electric-hydraulic functions, the different panels hinged to the containers are moving. The hinged panel (T) 1 at the base of the box, rounded of 90° downwards at his hinged axis, it joins himself to the base of the opposite container, and two adjustable supports (8), help to sustain and to harden the fioor; in this way, the floor is realized with the overturned panels (7) and the ceiling of an alley is realized with the extension and rotation of 90° towards high of the panel (9). The same procedure is effected also on the other side and on the rear part of the container to create an other alley and to join other containers placed on trailers in a long succession, as we want.
To complete the realization of each alley, two walls stocked in the container (1 ), slide on rails placed on the floor and the ceiling, also on the hinged panels toward outside .
Each wall-panel (10), when is translated toward the outside, it releases also the light of entrance door of the container and in the equipped room.
The entrance light (11) is closed or opened through an anti-panic door equipped with an approach stair (12), the internal one is equipped only with a working door.
The principal alley (13) that approach to the different units, is realized wider, dimensions: cm.250 width, cm.280 height, employable for the movement of stretchers, visitors, and staff, the other (14) at the opposite end of the box, is realized narrower , dimensions: cm.150 width, cm.260 height, employable for the movement of sanitary materials and by medical staff.
Through the utilization of electro-pneumatic mechanism, the mounting is created with the maximum rapidity. in the end of external part of the modular walls, some sliding ramps contained in heavy-duty box-shielded, are been placed to can join at the opposite-side wall, also in the case of the trailer parking isn't optimal.
Each container becomes an unit, an office, an ambulatory, diagnostic for images, radiology, lab of analysis, patient rooms, operating room etc... and they are reachable everyone through the aforesaid alleys.
Other semi-trailers with the same dimensions and structured according to the law, are destined to contain the tanks for the water, medical gases, desalinisation system, system for the generation of electrical flow, to act as morgue etc...
The principal entrance to approach to the hospital, is constituted by a specific semi-trailer on which is mounted a container having a principal entrance function equipped with a mobile ramp (15) for the patients on the stretcher and an entrance (16) with a stairs of opportune dimensions (17) for self sufficient persons. It's possible to dispose on two opposite range, the succession of the modular units (semi-trailers) placing them near each other with the extremity, where the principal alley insist (13), in this way, through an other container (18), placed in the hand of the two ranges with function of entrance and reception (or also of filter), is possible to approach to the hospital units, through the two principal alleys (13) of the two modular operative ranges.
Positioning the two near ranges of containers, with the extremity where the principal alley insists (13), in this way, through an other container (18) placed in the hand of the two ranges and with his ends in correspondence of the alleys (13), is possible to create a connection to the two principal alleys (13) of the two operative modules ranges, with the extension of panels (7 bis), (9bis) and (10bis).
Also this container on each of his ends is equipped with mobile ramp (15), an entrance (16) with stairs (17) in the centre.
With such organisation, the hospital has a compact aspect with the advantage to fill the same area, in case of it is placed only on a range. There is an other form of realization of this invention, the module is constituted only by a modular unit.
In this case, the equipped unit can be also extended in the central part from both sides through sliding walls (19).
In an other preferred form of the realization about this invention, the formation of the front and rear alley is created through the utilization of prefabricated tunnel's (20) parts, placed on the inside of each container fixed on the semi-trailer, and sliding towards outside, with the aid of gears and rack electronically commanded. In this case, each container is supplied with shutters (21) that, sliding towards the high and packing themselves in an interstice of the ceiling (22), they free the lights through which, the prefabricated tunnels can slide towards the outside until to adhere at the counterside container. Each tunnel parts is equipped with floor, top and side walls and also with a sucking-disk device placed on the end of the tunnel to adhere exactly on the contour (23) of the opening about the light and the counterside container, where a mechanical device fixes the tunnel's floor to the counterside container's floor, realizing in this way an unique body. Each modular unit is certainly equipped of everything it needs to obtain an absolute functional autonomy: it is equipped with a forced, air conditioning and leaked system; the black and white water tanks, the power supply, the additional batteries and all the necessary services the become an integrated part of each container to make it independent in the case of partial use. All the electrical, hydraulic of gases, telecommunication connections, are obtained through rapid clutch systems from the source.
The movement of semi-trailers happens through the use of tractor units that connect themselves to the trailers and, thanks to their international typology, can be rent for the movement in all the world.
This fact represents a remarkable economy regard the traditional system that must utilize an adapted truck which remains unusable for all the period of permanence of the mobile hospital units, it represents also an expense for the maintenance and an encumbered for the space occupied by the park. All the operative spaces are studied and realized with able materials that are completely fire resistant and equipped with particular water repellent characteristics, washable and disinfectable with normal chemical products. The operative space's walls are covered with this materials and connected to the floor with rounded and welded elements in order to constitute a tray perfectly washable and disinfectable.
Side walls and the floor of containers are realized in sandwich, soundproofed and isothermal.
Ceiling's walls are realized with a tined counterceiling, in which slide electrical and lighting dorsal lines and leaked conditioning air ducts.